- Status: Part-time
- Location: Remote
About the team & role:
The news is broken, and we’re on a mission to fix it.
Our goal at The New Paper is to overcome sensationalism in media by making straightforward, factual news easy to consume. In practice, that means delivering a daily digest that does three things. 1) Curates the most important / impactful stories of the day, 2) States what happened factually, and 3) Provides easy access to relevant context or primary source material.
We’re looking for a rockstar intern to help us build and expand our user acquisition growth funnel.
You will be responsible for:
- Channel identification: expanding our growth funnel by identifying new paid and organic channels.
- Creative strategy: developing and executing on growth related copy and creative. Crafting game-changing content that will accelerate our growth across channels.
- Special projects: exploring high-beta "venture bets" aimed at driving step-function growth.
- Creative and resourceful: you find solutions others don’t see, love bringing new ideas to the table, and you’re always the one finding a better / faster / more creative solution to a problem.
- Motivated: you share our commitment to helping people start their day with a common set of facts, and you’ll work hard to accomplish that goal.
- Entrepreneurial: you prefer autonomy and independence, and thrive in an environment that enables you to succeed, but lets you do so on your own terms.
What we offer:
We want to be clear - this is an unpaid internship. That said, we’ll do everything in our power to make this a springboard to the rest of your career:
- Hands-on experience in a hyper-growth startup
- Access to the networks of our founders (who have worked on Wall Street and Silicon Valley and attended Harvard Business School and Georgetown).
- Resume review, interview prep, and career guidance
- Skills development workshops - monthly teach-ins on all things growth, tech, and startups (or anything else you’re interested in)