Business Development Internship
- Status: Part-time
- Location: Remote
About the team & role:
The news is broken, and we’re on a mission to fix it.
Our goal at The New Paper is to overcome sensationalism in media by making straightforward, factual news easy to consume. In practice, that means delivering a daily digest that does three things. 1) Curates the most important / impactful stories of the day, 2) States what happened factually, and 3) Provides easy access to relevant context or primary source material.
We’re currently sending content to over 70,000 readers every single day and we work with some of the most well-known consumer brands in the world.
We’re looking for a rockstar intern to help us build and expand our enterprise customer base.
You will be responsible for:
- Lead generation: identifying high-potential enterprise customers for our sponsored partnerships
- Lead research: identifying key contacts to enable efficient outreach and campaign coordination
- Creative and resourceful: you find solutions others don’t see, love bringing new ideas to the table, and you’re always the one finding a better / faster / more creative solution to a problem.
- Motivated: you share our commitment to helping people start their day with a common set of facts, and you’ll work hard to accomplish that goal.
- Entrepreneurial: you prefer autonomy and independence, and thrive in an environment that enables you to succeed, but lets you do so on your own terms.
What we offer:
We want to be clear - this is an unpaid internship. That said, we’ll do everything in our power to make this a springboard to the rest of your career:
- Hands-on experience in a hyper-growth startup
- Access to the networks of our founders (who have worked on Wall Street and Silicon Valley and attended Harvard Business School and Georgetown).
- Resume review, interview prep, and career guidance
- Skills development workshops - monthly teach-ins on all things growth, tech, and startups (or anything else you’re interested in)