- Status: Full-time
- Location: Remote
About the team & role:
The news is broken, and we’re on a mission to fix it.
Our goal at The New Paper is to overcome sensationalism in media by making straightforward, factual news easy to consume. In pursuit of this mission, we currently send a daily news digest that accomplishes three things: (1) Curates the most important / impactful stories of the day (2) States what happened factually, and (3) Provides easy access to relevant context and / or primary source material.
We’re looking for a news writer who consumes more news in a single morning than most of their friends do in a month and doesn’t stop asking questions until they find the underlying facts. Sound like you? Let’s talk.
You will be responsible for:
- Curating and writing the daily brief to help readers efficiently stay up to date with high-impact news stated factually
- Working on new editorial products and formats (e.g., deeper content, audio, etc.)
- Partnering with business development on marketing and creative campaigns
What we are looking for:
- A minimum of 2-5 years of news writing experience preferred
- Ability to write clearly, succinctly, and objectively
- Excellent editorial judgment
- Ability to produce high-quality content under strict publishing deadlines
- Passion for The New Paper mission and a commitment to providing straightforward, fact-first news
What we offer:
- Receive a competitive salary
- Work remotely
- Provide the first touch of daily news for enough people to fill a football stadium
- Own the editorial process with a high degree of autonomy and independence
- Join a hyper-growth startup at the ground floor
- Join a values-driven, passionate team dedicated to fulfilling a meaningful mission